Sunday, July 17, 2011

As We Found Her - The "Before" Photos

My brother is an electrician and worked with a company who did a lot of work at New Hampshire International Speedway (now NH Motor Speedway).  During NASCAR weekends, they had to spend the entire weekend at the track - ready to fix anything at anytime.  When he started at the track - he bought an old Airstream off someone there.  It became his crash pad for his NASCAR weekends.  A few years ago, he began working for another company - and I wasn't quite sure what happened to that Airstream.  I wasn't sure what model, what year, what condition it was in or if he even owned it anymore.

Well, come to find out, Rick still owned the Airstream, never used it anymore and didn't want anything to do with it.  He was willing to let me take it home.  

We had just ONE baseball free day in May due to our Community Day - so we took a ride to the track to see if we could find the Airstream and take a look at her.  Thanks to a very helpful track lady, we found the Airstream on a back RV parking lot.  Took lots of photos on my trusty iphone.  This is how we found her:


So...she is an Airstream Caravanner, Serial Number 9057.

She has 13 panels on her end caps - so that dates her before 1958.  In 1957 - in the middle of the year, Airstream switched from using 13 panels to 7 panels.  Her serial number dates her to 1956.

The four lovely side windows specifically distinct to the Caravanner - panoramic views from inside your trailer!









It was a great size and I had a vision in my head already!  My husband was willing to tackle the project with me...so we decided that she would find her way to us at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment