Sunday, July 17, 2011

Why I'm On This Crazy Journey

Over the 2011 winter while I was recovering from surgery, I spent hours looking at vintage campers and trailers.  We already had 2 campers:  The Big Camper and the Little Camper.  While in bed, I found out about Sisters On The Fly and became a part of their group.  There were lots of websites that I looked at, passing the time, waiting to heal.


One night, my husband came across Kristiana Spaulding's website of Silver Trailer jewelry - she has the greatest designs.  www.silvertrailer.com  She had the cutest silver version of my Little Camper - and it went to the top of my wish list.


Well, Kristiana doesn't just design and sell jewelry...she has a beautiful collection of silver babies: FIVE vintage Airstream trailers - that shine just like her sterling silver jewelry.  Kristiana has redesigned all the Airstream interiors and as I looked at photos - I was hooked!  I wanted my own Airstream someday.  It was a silver dream that was there - but I also had a busy life....


Winter turned to spring finally, I mostly healed and was ready to go.  We have three busy kids and we're a very busy baseball family - and that's saying it mildly!   Even with the craziness of baseball, my husband finds time to spend HOURS searching for vintage trailers online - it's a stress relief for him I think...  So, one off day, we made a trip to Epsom to look at an old Shasta.  Sitting next to the Shasta was a beautiful little Airstream Caravel!  I wanted it right away - forgot completely about the Shasta!!  Alas...she was already loved by another and she was just waiting for her own restoration - they wouldn't sell.  But, already the ideas were flying in my mind....maybe my silver dream would need to be on fast forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment